The college aims at an integral and personalized training of young men and women through
Integral Pedagogy – Context, Experience, Reflection, Action and Evaluation –to be well motivated teachers who
will be intellectually competent, morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired.
It is the aim of St. Xavier’s College of Education that the students who take their training here become well formed guides who will accompany the young learner on his or her journey of becoming
a fully human person. The college, therefore, offers an all-round training, one that is at once intellectual, cultural, social, emotional, physical, aesthetic, moral and spiritual.
The college further aims at promoting values such as respect for Indian common cultural heritage, egalitarianism, democracy, secularism, equality of sexes, protection of environment, removal of social barriers, responsible use of cybernetics and mass media, transparency and probity in private and public life, observance of small family norms, national unity, and respect for religious and moral values.
In addition, the college aims at conducting in –service programmes for teachers and administrators already working in schools in order to update them on educational issues and findings and to develop the required skills using modern information technology and innovative practices. Besides, the college will undertake documentation and
research in relevant educational areas.
Profile of a Graduate from this Institution
- Personalized training through Integral Pedagogy and mentoring
All round training that is intellectual, cultural, social, emotional, physical, aesthetic, moral and spiritual
- In-service training for teachers
- Use of IT communication media and innovative practices
- Documentation and research
- Environment education for substainability, and
- Empowerment of subalterns including women
He/She shall be able to:
act as an agent of social change while understanding and appreciating the inter-relationship between our healthy cultural heritage and its impact on education;
provideleadership tothe community while utilizing the resources of the local community for the proper development of the school, the students and the community;
facilitate the learning process in thestudents by means of available learning resources and organizing educational activities and programmes with special care for learners of specific needs;
- show respect and love for the individuality of the child;
- be just and impartial in his/her dealing with children;
- organize various activities of the school for the all-round development of the students by using media and appropriate instructional technologies;
- inspire and professionally help the parents for the care and guidance of their wards;
- preserve proper balance of his/her life as a person of character, uphold the values of professional commitment and professional ethics and be an example to others with his/her intellectual honesty and moral integrity as well as loyalty to the institution to which he/se belongs;
- strive continuously to enrich his/her personality by the life-long process of learning through study and research;
- uphold his/her teaching profession as sacred and inviolable.